5. Site construction description.
Brief description of materials proposed for
pavements and utilities.
Site Planning and Landscape Design
6. Code Analysis.
Analysis of applicable local zoning and building
1. Storm drainage and sanitary sewer calculations.
2. Storm water detention facility calculations, if
1. Demolition plans (when applicable).
3. Parking calculations, if applicable.
2. Preliminary site layout plan, showing:
Roads, walks, parking and other paved areas
(including type of pavement). Show access route
1. Site circulation concept, explaining:
for the physically disabled from parking and from
Reasons for site circulation design and number of
public street to main entrance.
Fire apparatus access (including aerial apparatus)
Reasons and/or calculation for number of parking
and fire lanes.
Reasoning for design of service area(s), including
3. Preliminary grading and drainage plan, showing:
description of number and sizes of trucks that can
Preliminary site grading, storm drainage inlets,
including detention facilities.
Proposed scheme for waste removal.
4. Preliminary site utilities plan, showing:
Proposed scheme for fire apparatus access
Sizes, inverts, and locations of domestic and fire
(including aerial apparatus), roads and fire lanes.
protection water supply lines, sanitary sewer lines,
2. Site utilities distribution concept.
gas lines, steam/condensate lines and chilled water
supply and return lines, if applicable.
3. Drainage design concept.
5. Preliminary landscape design plan, showing:
4. Landscape design concept, explaining:
Preliminary hardscape design, including site
Reasoning for landscape design, paving, site
furniture, water features, etc.
furnishings, and any water features.
Preliminary planting scheme.
Reasoning for choice of plant materials.
Preliminary irrigation design.
Proposed landscape maintenance plan.
Brief operating description of irrigation system.
Summarize water conservation opportunities that
have been studied.
Brief description of fire protection water supplies.
Brief description of fire hydrant locations.
336 F A C I L I T I E S S T A N D A R D S
A.4 Alteration Projects Design Development
Revised March 2005 PBS-P100