4. Special fire protection systems (e.g., kitchen
5. Floor plans.
extinguishing system), where applicable.
Locations of proposed plumbing fixtures and
5. Fire resistance rating of building structural elements.
Coordinate with structural engineer.
6. Systems schematics and flow diagrams.
6. Fire alarm system.
7. Typical schematics for plumbing systems.
7. Interface of fire alarm system with Building
8. Review of building for compliance with life safety
Fire protection and life safety submission requirements
requirements and building security requirements.
shall be identified as a separate Fire Protection section as
9. Interior finish requirements as they pertain to the
outlined in this document.
life safety requirements.
1. Occupant load and egress calculations.
1. Floor Plans showing:
2. Fire protection water supply calculations.
Equipment spaces for fire protection systems
Includes water supply flow testing data.
(e.g., fire pump, fire alarm, etc.).
3. Fire pump calculations where applicable.
Fire protection water supply lines, fire hydrant
4. Smoke control calculations where applicable
locations, fire apparatus access roads, and fire
(e.g., atrium, etc.).
Standpipes and sprinkler risers.
Riser diagrams for sprinkler system.
Riser diagram for fire alarm system.
6. Calculations contained in The SFPE Handbook of
Remoteness of exit stairways.
Fire Protection Engineering for calculating sound
Location of firewalls and smoke partitions.
Identification of occupancy type of every space
and location of fire alarm system audible notification
and room in building.
Calculated occupant loads for every space and
room in the building.
Location of special fire protection requirements
1. Building egress system.
(e.g., kitchens, computer rooms, storage, etc.).
Includes egress calculations and stairway exit
capacities, remoteness, exit discharge, etc.
2. All building fire alarm and suppression systems.
3. Smoke control system(s), where applicable.
340 F A C I L I T I E S S T A N D A R D S
A.4 Alteration Projects Design Development
Revised March 2005 PBS-P100