Revise, as necessary, the construction phase commissioning plan developed
during design, including scope and schedule.
Plan and conduct commissioning meetings as needed and distribute minutes.
Request and review additional information required to perform commissioning
tasks, including O&M materials, contractor start-up and checkout procedures.
Before start-up, gather and review the current control sequences and interlocks
and work with contractors and design engineers until sufficient clarity has been
obtained, in writing, to be able to write detailed testing procedures.
Review submittals applicable to systems being commissioned for compliance
with commissioning needs, concurrent with the design team and Construction
Review requests for information and change orders for impact on commissioning
and GSA objectives.
Review coordination drawings to ensure that trades are making a reasonable
effort to coordinate.
Write and distribute construction checklists for commissioned equipment.
10. Develop an enhanced start-up and initial systems checkout plan with contractors
for selected equipment.
11. Perform site visits, as necessary, to observe component and system installa-
tions. Attend selected planning and job-site meetings to obtain information
on construction progress. Review construction meeting minutes for revisions/
substitutions relating to the commissioning process. Assist in resolving any
12. Witness HVAC piping pressure test and flushing, sufficient to be confident
that proper procedures were followed. Include testing documentation in the
13. Witness any ductwork testing and cleaning sufficient to be confident that
proper procedures were followed. Include documentation in the Commissioning
14. Document construction checklist completion by reviewing completed construction
checklists and by selected site observation.
15. Document systems start-up by reviewing start-up reports and by selected site