sample scope for commissioning ser vices (continued)
ing, full contractor documentation of start-up and superior training and O&M
11. Review the project specifications and provide comments and additional language,
as needed, to the contractor qualifications, submittal requirements, test, adjust
and balance specifications, training requirements and operations and mainte-
nance and system manual requirements.
12. Coordinate a controls integration meeting where the electrical engineers, fire
protection engineers, mechanical engineers, GSA representative, and the CxA
discuss integration issues between equipment, systems and disciplines to ensure
that integration issues and responsibilities are clearly described in the specifica-
13. Participate in a value engineering / management workshop.
14. Review and make recommendations from the value engineering / management
workshop for commissioning and O&M issues.
15. Review the recommendations from the constructability review for commissioning
and O&M issues.
16. Write step-by-step functional test procedures and documentation formats for all
commissioned equipment and assemblies. Test procedures will include manual
functional testing, energy management control system trending and may include
stand-alone data-logger monitoring.
17. The final acceptance tests of all fire protection and life safety systems shall be
witnessed by the GSA Fire Protection Engineer or their designated representative.
Plan to assist the GSA Fire Protection Engineer or their designated representative
in those tests. Testing and commissioning for the fire protection and life safety
systems shall be per the requirements of those sections of the specifications and
the applicable governing codes and standards.
Coordinate and direct the commissioning activities in a logical, sequential and
efficient manner using consistent protocols and forms, centralized documen-
tation, clear and regular communications and consultations with all necessary
parties, frequently updated timelines and schedules and technical expertise.
Coordinate the commissioning work with the design team and construction
manager, to ensure that commissioning activities are being incorporated into the